The Workshop on Role of Puppetry in Education aims at the following :
1. to introduce Puppetry as an aid to education;
2. to teach preparation and manipulation of glove, shadow, rod, string and other puppets;
3. to prepare educational scripts and programmes for teaching curriculum subjects through puppetry and to study the impact of training for evaluation;
4. to enable teachers to acquire knowledge about traditional puppet theatre forms of India and to provide them with an opportunity to interact with traditional puppeteers;
5. to encourage teachers to improvise inexpensive teaching aids and to make creative activities for students, an integral part of classroom teaching.