Two storeyed Guest House building in the Vidyapeetha Campus acquired 350 sq ft., constructed by C.P.W.D. It comprises of 12 double-beded A/C rooms and one dormitory. The Guest House is available on requestion to accommodate national and international delegates/members visiting preferably in connection with academic and research activities. View Guest House Guidelines
These rules may be called Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha(Reservation and Allotment of Guest House)Rules 2003. The Guest House is intended for educational purpose which shall be a non-comercial unit of the Vidyapeetha to be named as "Vishranti Nilayah". These rules shall come into force with immediate effect or any other date as may be determined by the Vice-Chancellor.
The following accommodation is available at the Guest House:
- Air-conditioned double bedded suite
- Non-air-conditioned double bedded suite
For the purpose of these rules:
- The Vice-Chancellor means the Vice-Chancellor of the SLBSRSV,New Delhi.
- The Registrar means the Registrar of the SLBSRSV,New Delhi.
- The Finance Officer means the Finance Officer of the SLBSRSV,New Delhi.
- The "Vidyapeetha Guest" means a person invited by the Vice-Chancellor personally or on the recommendations of the Registrar, Finance Officer, Deans of the faculties on any special assignment or work of the Vidyapeetha.
- A sponsor means any member of the Faculty, Officer or Non-teaching employee who requests for reservation of accommodation in the guest house for and on behalf of any visitor on duty or otherwise.
Office in-charge of the of the Guest House:
The Registrar of the Vidyapeetha shall exercise the overall control of the guest House who shall be accountable to the Vice-Chancellor in course of his duties as the Officer-in-charge of the Guest House. In order to ensure the smooth functioning of the Guest House and to provide effective supervision, management and guidance, a committee consisting of the following members is hereby constituted: which Subject to
- Registrar-(in the chair)
- Finance Officer or his nominee - Member
- Dy.Registrar(Admn.) - Member
- Two teachers to be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor for a period of two years--Members
- One member of the non-teaching employee to be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor for a period of two years.-Member
- Section Officer(Admn.) -Member
- Secretary The Vidyapeetha may allot accommodation in the Guest House on payment basis fixed for the purpose.
Only the members of the faculty, officers and non-teaching employees shall be authorized to request for reservation of the accommodation in the Guest House for use of their guests. The employee recommending the allotment of the Guest House for any visitor shall be responsible for his conduct and payment of charges to be made by him. In case of default in payment on the part of the guest, guest house dues will be realized from the salary of the sponsor. No exemption of Lodging/boarding charges shall be extended to anyone. The visitor invited by the Vidyapeetha shall also be required to pay the Guest House charges and claim from the Vidyapeetha whatever is admissible under TA rules. The request for reservation should be addressed to the Registrar, Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha in the prescribed format and should reach him at least a week in advance of the date of arrival of the visitor. The applications for reservation of accommodation in the Guest House shall be considered as per the following priority:
- VIPs and VVIPs coming for Vidyapeetha's work according to priorities to be decided by the Vice-Chancellor.
- Selection Committee experts, examiners, Guest Faculties, Visiting Professor and Visitors who are invited by the Vidyapeetha for its work.
- Visitors coming from outside Delhi, not in the work of the Vidyapeetha who are recommended by any employee of the Vidyapeetha.
- Any other person as the Vice-Chancellor deems fit.
A visitor's register shall be kept in the custody of the guest house attendant in such forms as may be prescribed by the Registrar.
Guest House Attendant :
Attendants as per the requirement shall provided in the guest house to attend to the needs of all the guests staying in the guest house. The number of attendants to be engaged on shift duties may be decided by the Vice-Chancellor who is authorized to engage them on Daily Wage/Contract basis as per regulations. The regular employees, contractual employees and Daily Wagers shall be suitably compensated by way of remuneration/honorarium as the Registrar/Vice-Chancellor decides on the recommendation of the Campus Development Committee.
Damage, loss & Breakages :
The visitors are responsible for any damage, loss or breakage caused to the Vidyapeetha's property, viz, the building, furniture fittings or other articles in the room. All such damages losses, breakage, etc. shall be paid for by the guest before leaving the guest house.The decision of the Vice-Chancellor of the Vidyapeetha regarding recovery of such damages, losses, breakages etc. and the amount payable by the guest on this account shall be final.
Telephone facilities shall be made available at the Guest House for making local calls. For this purpose one/two non-STD Lines shall be provided which shall be connected with an EPABX System in order to provide inter-com facilities in all the rooms.
Cancellation of Reservation:
Reservation once made may be got canceled by giving at least 3 days in advance.
The Vidyapeetha shall not be responsible for providing transport to any guest.
Boarding & Lodging Charges:
- Rs.450/- (for double occupancy) +Rs.35/-(Maintenance charges of Linen etc)
- Rs.300/- ( for single occupancy) +Rs.25/-(Maintenance charges of Linen etc)
- Rs.350/- ( for double occupancy) +Rs.35/-(Maintenance charges of Linen etc)
- Rs.200/- ( for single occupancy) +Rs.25/-(Maintenance charges of Linen etc)
- Rs. 50/- extra shall be charged for using Heat Convector, Room Heater etc. by any guest).
Rates of Dormitory :
- Four Beds with AC Facility - Rs.600/-
- Four beds without AC Facility - Rs.500/-
- Single bed without AC facility - Rs.125/-
Every Guest shall be required to deposit at least one day's charge in advance. The amount shall be payable by way of cash only and the entire dues shall be cleared before the departure of the guest.
Operation of Guest House Fund:
The Guest House shall deposit all its earnings/collections in a separate account to be created for the purpose which shall be operated under the joint signatures of the Finance officer and the Registrar as is being done in other cases. The Account shall be termed as "Campus Development Account" to be opened at CANARA BANK, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi. All expenses beyond Rs.10000/- shall be placed before the guest House Management Committee for prior approval. The expenses within Rs.10000/- may be incurred by the Officer-in-charge of the Guest House with the approval of the Registrar/Vice-Chancellor as the case may be which may have to be reported to the guest House Management Committee for a record. The Vidyapeetha shall also meet the deficit if any in order to ensure the smooth running of the guest house.
The Finance Officer shall be responsible for the maintenance of its Account and Audit as per rules. The Guest House shall be maintained with the guidance and suggestions of the Campus Development Committee and all routine and day to day expenses shall be incurred out of the proceeds deposited in the Campus Development Fund. However, the expenditure relating to the infrastructural development, building maintenance and payment of staff salary/contractual engagement etc , repair/replacement of furniture/purchase of furniture, linen, bedsheet, pillow covers, utensils, crockeries and other requirements of the Guest House shall be met from the appropriate head of Account of the Vidyapeetha with the approval of the Vice-Chancellor based on the concurrence of the Finance Officer.
Amendments Relaxation of Rules :
The Vice-Chancellor may at his discretion relax any of these rules depending upon the exigency of the situation.